2017 was a crazy year for me personally. I tend to look forward in general, but reflecting on the past can help to plan and shape the future. Since there are a number of projects I previewed in 2017 that I intend to open source, I'd like to introduce an acronym: TBOS – To Be Open-Sourced. With that in mind, here are my highlights of the past year:
- Started working on PanelKit (tweet), little did I know it would be appreciated as much as it has been.
- Open sourced PanelKit v0.8 (tweet).
- Released Pixure 2.2 with PanelKit, featured in media and by Apple.
- Open sourced my programming language, Lioness. I have a lot of fun ideas for it, so stay tuned!
- Attended WWDC, which coincidentally was my first visit to the U.S.
- Previewed my own IDE for Lioness (tweet) [TBOS].
- Experimented with Swift on Linux (tweet).
- Worked on Pixure 3.
- Previewed a new color picker for Pixure (tweet) [TBOS].
- My first podcast appearance, on Episode 5 of Swift by Sundell.
- Updated all my open source projects to Swift 4.0.
- Got a new MacBook Pro.
- Cloned the Swift repo and got it to compile.
- Open sourced UIBezierPath + Polygons.
- Released PanelKit 2.0.
- After many months of work, Pixure 3 was finally released.
- Made an iOS Terminal proof of concept (tweet) [TBOS].
- Started working on a game, which will hopefully be released in 2018.
2018 is looking to be another great year, full of fun projects, some even open source. Thanks to everyone for the kind comments in the past year and happy new year from all the BB units!
If you would like to get notified about new posts, you can: